Thinking Legal is a business-oriented, tech-enabled law firm for entrepreneurs, startups, and visionary VC funds and investors who invest in them.
1. Winner of India Business Law Journal's Indian Law Firm Awards 2022 in the “Startups” category
2. Startups and Investments Law Firm of the Year by BW Legal World Global Legal Leaders Award 2021
3. Nominated as Boutique Law Firm of the Year by Asian Legal Business for 2022
4. Ranked as a top 25 VC/PE law firm in India (by number of deals) for 2021 by Venture Intelligence, with 20 deals closed and deal value aggregating to USD 90 Million (~INR 675 Cr)
5. Founded by Ms. Vaneesa Agrawal, who has been recognised as part of Elite BW Legal World 40 Under 40 Club of Young Achievers by Businessworld
We are based out of New Delhi and we work with clients all over the world. We advise domestic and foreign investors such as private equity (PE) funds, venture capital (VC) funds, seed funds, pension funds, angel networks, family offices and HNIs. The Firm also works with a number of promising and fast-growing startups.
The Firm advises investors on structuring, fund formation/registration as well as the process of investment/divestment, including drafting and negotiating transactional documents such as term sheets, share subscription agreement, shareholders’ agreement, convertible debt agreement etc. We also conduct legal and secretarial due diligence of the prospective investee companies on behalf of investors and advice on the commercial impact of the issues identified during the diligence process.
We advise startups on all their legal requirements related to their business. We also advise startups through the fund raising process of reviewing and negotiating term sheets, shareholder agreements and other transactional documents. Further, we create customized and easy to understand templates of various commercial agreements for startups.
The Firm undertakes a wide-range of corporate advisory work such as providing legal opinions on corporate and regulatory laws, insurance laws, drafting and vetting contracts, drafting and negotiating transactional documents for PE/VC and M&A transactions, conducting due diligence for mergers, setting up of joint ventures, business transfers, advising in investment deals and assisting in public issues. Our clients include listed companies, market intermediaries, stock and commodity exchanges and insurance intermediaries.